Sunday, 9 May 2010

Maida Vale

Earlier this week I made my fourth visit to the lovely Maida Vale studios in London to see Tall Ships record a live session for Huw Stephens, to be broadcast later this summer. Standard fare; I got lost in the local area, stared at by builders, marvelled at the houses, wondered what I could do to get rich enough to buy such a place, picked up a pass at the studio front desk, meandered around the maze of corridors and stopped to consider how many famous people may be in the building at that precise moment (Gorillaz recorded in the same room just 24 hours earlier. True story. Their cartoon van got a ticket outside).

The band recorded four songs, three from the self-titled EP and one huge newbie, and they also took a few photos. I've posted a couple below. Will let you all know the air date for the session as soon as it's confirmed.