Wednesday, 12 May 2010

3's

People always talk about things coming in 3's. I was about to write a blog post to say that I'm only stressed about 2 things right now, but after half an hour of kids shouting at each other outside, I think I can tick the final box. The irony of the loudest one of them all complaining about her friend having no social awareness seemed totally lost on the little dickheads.

The Great Escape starts tomorrow. Always a fun weekend and with a daunting yet exciting 48 hours of meetings, showcases, DJ sets and stone skimming coming up, tonights sleep will be very much cherished.

Going hand in hand with the above, Grown Ups start their UK tour Friday night. Their album pre-sales are flying and lots of people seem almost as excited as I am to finally see them play live. The dates and details are posted at www.bsmrocks.com if you haven't already seen them.

I've been listening to the new Shoes And Socks Off album on repeat for the past day or so. It's odd, having lived with and loved the demo's for so long, to now hear different - and in some cases, full band - versions of these songs, but even so, this is definitely my favourite of his releases so far. Look out for loads of news and MP3s coming soon. In the mean time, here's a live video of CYF, one of the songs from the album...

No comments: