Friday, 23 April 2010

And I would drive 600 miles

Day three of my week off. Yesterday's London trip to see Chris Conley of Saves The Day fame was cancelled (thanks, volcano!) but ended up a blissful affair full of beer gardens, political debates and online gambling. I doubled down on 13, convinced it was a lesson I learnt in Swingers. I was wrong, but thankfully the cards weren't. Blackjack!

This afternoon I'm starting a 600 mile round trip to watch Scottish non-league football.

This line shouldn't really be a new paragraph but I felt the dramatic pause was necessary. Tomorrow at 2.30pm Alcopop Records will be sponsoring what is arguably the game of the weekend... Gretna 2008 vs Vale of Leithen! In front of an expected crowd of 150, Jack and I will be handling the daunting responsibility of picking man of the match before celebrating a glorious home win in the neighbouring Social Club. Come on you Black and Whites!

But, first things first... A night out in Blackpool. This is gonna be horrible.

No comments: