Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Blakfish Clyro

I'm sorry, you must be getting bored of these endlessly happy blog posts about more and more good news. Well, I don't want to be rude, but I'm certainly not getting bored. So deal with it.

As recapped below, this year's already off to a flyer with a multitude of exciting things going on, and now we have another one to add to the list: Blakfish have been confirmed to support Biffy Clyro on their European tour, this week! Germany, I've translated the key words for you. Learn these, sing and repeat until delerious at the end of the set...

Es könnte schlimmer sein,
könnte man tot sein,
ich weiß nicht wie wir alle überlebt,
aber ich weiß ist,
wir haben


(if this is wrong, blame Google translate. And my E in GCSE German)

I'm wrote this (although I forgot to post it!) on the laptop in bed. Its become a little bit of a 2010 tradition already. The very welcome addition of a heated blanket in the BSM "office" has lead to way too many mornings giving in to temptation and choosing warmth and a dodgy wireless connection over the cold, yet reliable PC, outside of my comfortable, soft shell. This time is slightly different, however, as it's 11pm on a Friday night, a good 12 hours later than my usual bed shift. Last night I, along with Eva of Rolo Tomassi fame, DJ'd at a club night up in Manchester called Crack Yr Skull. I can honestly say I've never been to a place like it before. Saves The Day: nothing. Limp Bizkit: pretty decent reaction. Renegade Master: moderate. Coolio: arms up. Meet Me In St Louis, Algernon Cadwallader and Owls: out of this world. People were requesting obscure math rock songs and complaining about Jay-Z. Some sort of alternative universe, surely. Being packed out until the early hours left everyone buzzing and eventually resulted in me trundling off to bed sometime after the sun came up. Something which is perhaps justifiable in the peak of summer, but January is a little too far for this 26 year old wouldbe old man. When I tell you my total sleep for the night was around the one hour mark it should come as no surprise that today was pretty much a write-off. A difficult train trip home, with my head rolling around on my shoulders like that of a broken wooden toy. I certainly didn't feel like a real boy today.

Warning: This week will likely boast yet more good news. Walter Schreifels tour dates are now confirmed and ready to be announced, and there's a lot of them! If you can't make it to one of these shows, you're simply not trying hard enough. There'll also be a new release announced sometime over the next forthnight, and two of my very favourite new bands coming up in the '10 Collection.

Have a good night. Keep it in your pants.

No comments: