Friday, 1 January 2010

Happy new year

I'm sitting on the sofa, dangerously hungover picking at a tin of Roses, surrounded by KFC debris whilst watching the darts on TV. It's January 1st 2010 but in all honesty, it could be any of the last 5 years. They all start the same, really.

I'm back in the office (ie sitting at my desk some 5ft away from where I am right now) from the 4th but already find myself chomping at the bit ready to get this year underway. We have so, SO many exciting things coming up. Yesterday morning a few emails were being bounced around confirming the final details of our first 'proper' release of the year. It's a 7" but not as you know it. I think that I'll be announcing that one very close to another big one for us, in what I'm building up in my head as the biggest week in this little label's history so far. Exciting times, indeed.

The '10 Collection information will be up online over the weekend, so if you get a chance, please do check out www.bsmrocks.com and see what you think. It's a daunting project, offering up a new release every single week for the whole year, so I'll be looking for a little help from you all at somepoint.

Anyway, the darts is hotting up and this is a bit of a nothing post really, just wanted to put something out there to welcome in the new year. It's going to be a good one.

Here's a lovely video of Shoes And Socks Off playing live in Trafalgar Square during the BSM xmas tour last month. It's a belated Christmas gift. Much love.

No comments: