Friday, 9 October 2009

DiS #5

Another day, another shameless piece of media whoring:

Drowned In Scary Monsters #5 - The DY Uprising

I wrote this a few days ago, inspired after entering into a debate on the DiS forum about the fan-funded model of bands paying for recording sessions and releasing their music. It's an interesting topic and one I recommend you read over if you have an opinion on the subject and a few minutes to kill. My column isn't really on the same theme, but there are connections and comparisons to be made.

Tonight I'm off to see Alexisonfire, Anti-Flag, Four Year Strong and The Ghost Of 1000 at the Zodiac in Oxford, 2 minutes round the corner from here. I haven't been to a gig (a non-BSM one especially) for a while now and I'm prepared for a long night of propping up the bar and moaning about how stupid kids are. "In my day..." etc etc.




Wish me luck

No comments: