Wednesday, 28 October 2009

brb, uk

Not for the first time this year I'm in the delightful position of being required to write a "seeya later, rainy England" blog post before boarding a plane. 2009 has taken me to Northern Ireland, America, Cyprus and in 12 hours time, America again. It's times like this which remind me that I don't just have the best job in the world, but I'm bloody lucky too.

Over the next 10 days I'll be watching The Get Up Kids (one of my favourites) with Kevin Devine (one of ours) five times across New York, Washington DC and Philadelphia, as well as darting between a number of very exciting meetings, eating in my favourite restaurant in the world, running up the steps Rocky trains on, walking around Baltimore furiously quoting The Wire, going to a keg party in Brooklyn, supporting the Yankees in the baseball World Series whilst in NY, switching to the Phillies when I cross the Pennsylvanian border, and taking tourist photos left, right and centre. A great time, I'm sure you'd all agree, but this, unfortunately, means that Blog Scary Monsters will be transformed into a quiet little ghost town for the next few days. If you're a fan of jealousy, daydreaming and/or other people gloating, I recommend you follow me on Twitter to satisfy your BSM blogging whims in 140 character doses.

I'll still attempt to update this thing from time to time, but if not before, I'll see you back here on November 9th with a whole host of tales, photos, videos and maybe some new release news...

Be well.

1 comment:

site said...

Thanks for the post, pretty worthwhile info.