Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Time

I'm finding myself with less and less time to write on here recently, which is pretty upsetting. Earlier today I looked at this years release schedule and it appears a whopping 70% of our 2009 catalogue was squeezed into the first 6 months of the year, a stat which explains my lack of spare time, yet also provides a nice dream of quiet Autumn days. July and August will see four releases come and go, including the Summer installment of our 2009 Collection series, which is what I'm doing whilst typing this. Sitting on my living room floor, laptop in lap (where the computer naming God's intended), watching Eastbound And Down and burning CD after CD. It's not a great job, but I don't mind as the disc contents are amazing and I think a lot of people will be very happy when they hear it. Or at least I hope they will be!

Our third annual 5-a-side football tournament took place this past Sunday. I won't say too much about it as I'll be writing a more in depth analysis for the minisite this evening, but suffice to say it was a great day. Fear And Records walked away the eventual winners, with this years broken bone coming courtesy of Max from Team Get Cape, receiving three large fractures in his leg. Nasty, yet an impressive show of dedication as he attempted to play on through their remaining games. Team BSM played well but unfortunately didn't make it through the group stage after coming up against some very stiff competition. There's always next year...

Yesterday we announced details of a special Kevin Devine headline gig in London on 22nd July. You can't buy tickets anywhere but you can request a free pair. We were offering 100 and they all went in less than a day, but I kept a couple back for our dear blog readers. So if this is the first you're hearing of the gig and you'd like to come, send a message to bsmrocks@googlemail.com and be sure to mention that you read this. Otherwise you're likely to be added to the 'sorry, you're too late' pile. It feels a little underhand to be writing this but hey, I'm the boss, and you guys deserve a break for reading this crap!

Back to my CD burning. Joy.

No comments: