Thursday, 2 July 2009

Clutter

I feel a muddled update coming on...

I'm sitting here sweating. Huge, hot venues last week and a ridiculous heatwave this week means that my sweat glands have been running non-stop for days now. I don't have much to lose but feel like I'm half the man I was a fotnight ago. Right now I'm working out train times and prices for Kevin Devine's tour later on this month. He's back in the UK supporting the wonderful Manchester Orchestra (seriously, can't recommend their new album highly enough) and also playing a handful of headline shows, with a quick trip to a big German festival wedged in the middle.

It's the BSM 5-a-side football tournament this Sunday. Last year it was literally the hottest day of the year whereas this time we have everything from boiling sunshine and heavy showers predicted, so who knows where we'll end up. My squad is currently a little depleted thanks to injuries but I'm remaining positive, despite the fact that I feel like I'm coming down with some kind of flu bug, and have high hopes for my bunch of future heroes.

To celebrate the tournament, we're running our standard 4-4-2 deal where you can buy four BSM releases for the price of two, obviously. Check them out.

We have a new band to be announced very soon so come back soon to read about them. It'll probably be our last for a while (it's not like we haven't given you enough! This must be the 6th of the year already) and I'm praying for a slightly quieter second half of the year.

That's it. Cluttered, as promised. I'll write something slightly more substantial another day. Here's a video of Mr Devine from his London headline show Monday...


No comments: