Friday, 22 May 2009

Pep talks and motivations

It dawned on me this morning that I hadn't left the house for more than 2 days. That's a long time and is mostly due to my post-Great Escape flu breaking down into a heavy cold, leaving me snotty and lacking energy. Yesterday I completely over-did it by trying to squeeze a full day of work into the morning, so I could rest in the afternoon, only to get carried away and end up working a 12 hour shift. Certainly not my best plan and I slid down the snake back to square one today with just one roll of the dice left; fresh air.

I wandered into town clutching all of this weeks mailorders and a couple of cheques. It was nice and sunny when I left home but kinda overcast by the time I arrived at the bank. Mother Nature doesn't seem to have my back lately as she's turned on the tap each time I've ventured outside since last Friday. A fairly large factor in my current illness, I'd wager. Coupled with the impending threat of rain and the clouds in my head trying to force themselves out through my nostrils, I wasn't exactly feeling on top of the world. As I turned the corner onto the High Street the live Onelinedrawing track on the best compilation I've ever bought came to a close. The applause kicked in and for one, slightly foggy, very-deluded second, I allowed myself to daydream and imagine a crowd of people encouraging me to complete my journey. An idea kicked in.

Most of the bands on BSM discovered long ago that I have stupid ideas. I'd like to think I have some good ones too, but I definitely have some bad ones in there. Living and breathing this job 24/7 means there's a lot of time to cook up hair-brained schemes in the name of selling records and financial survivial, not to mention entertaining myself and the people who buy said records. This idea, I'm 99% certain, falls neatly into the stupid category, and I'm roughly 98% sure it'll never see the light of day, but before I retreat to my sick bed for the rest of the day, indulge me for a moment...

Big Scary Monsters Records presents: Pep Talks and Motivations

The idea is a simple: A compilation (mostly likely downloadable for a set, low price - in a variety of formats to suit you and your listening needs) of short talks, inspiring sounds and pick-me-ups to give your day the kick up the arse it needs.

Track one: Sam from Blakfish roars "Wake up, dickhead!"

Track two: Toby from Meet Me In St Louis tells you why you should stay in school.

Track three: James from The Tupolev Ghost tells you that you're a winner and that everything will be ok.

Track four: Joe from Copy Haho sings you a little lullabye to help you get to sleep.

...The possibilities are endless! There could be interludes made up of applause and cheering for the moments you need a pat on the back but there's nobody around. A couple of tracks filled with wild laughter for when you crack a joke and nobody gets it. It could bridge into sound effects and offer birds chirping or calming waves for the times when you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Maybe even a secret track which just repeats "you're better than him, and her... and look at that guy, what an idiot, look at those shoes!" for when you're on the tube and feeling a little inferior.

This could literally save your life.

So who's with me? Who would buy this? If I receive 50 comments, Twitter responses or emails giving a positive answer, I'll email the bands this weekend and start drafting up some plans. In the meantime... Where's my Lemsip?



17 comments:

Paul said...

DO IT!

Anonymous said...

do it, do it, do it, do it.

Ruth Booth said...

It sounds ridiculous, of course you should do it.

DO IT DO IT! said...

DO IT!

industry said...

yeah do it.

Kev said...

Oh heck. Between here, Twitter, emails and Facebook we're well on our way to 50. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

I better start making some calls...

John said...

DO IT. Pulled Apart By Horses yelling at me to get the f*** out of bed and go to work would be worth the money alone.

Error13 said...

I wouldn't believe anything that toby says

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

逆円助 said...

さあ、今夏も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか?当サイトは円助交際の逆、つまり女性が男性を円助する『逆円助交際』を提供します。逆円交際を未経験の方でも気軽に遊べる大人のマッチングシステムです。年齢上限・容姿・経験一切問いません。男性の方は無料で登録して頂けます。貴方も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか

精神年齢 said...

みんなの精神年齢を測定できる、メンタル年齢チェッカーで秘められた年齢がズバリわかっちゃう!かわいいあの子も実は精神年齢オバサンということも…合コンや話のネタに一度チャレンジしてみよう

メル友募集 said...

最近仕事ばかりで毎日退屈してます。そろそろ恋人欲しいです☆もう夏だし海とか行きたいな♪ k.c.0720@docomo.ne.jp 連絡待ってるよ☆

家出 said...

最近TVや雑誌で紹介されている家出掲示板では、全国各地のネットカフェ等を泊り歩いている家出娘のメッセージが多数書き込みされています。彼女たちはお金がないので掲示板で知り合った男性の家にでもすぐに泊まりに行くようです。あなたも書き込みに返事を返してみませんか

動物占い said...

あなたの性格を、動物に例えて占っちゃいます。もしかしたらこんな動物かも!?動物占いをうまく使って、楽しい人間関係を築いてください

家出 said...

家出中の女性や泊まる所が無い女性達がネットカフェなどで、飲み放題のドリンクで空腹を満たす生活を送っています。当サイトはそんな女性達をサポートしたいという人たちと困っている女性たちの為のサイトです

セレブラブ said...

セレブ女性との割り切りお付き合いで大金を稼いでみませんか?女性に癒しと快楽、男性に謝礼とお互い満たしあえる当サイト、セレブラブはあなたの登録をお待ちしております。

夏フェス!! said...

夏フェス一緒に行ってくれる人募集!!夏の思い出一緒につくろぉ☆ megumi-0830@docomo.ne.jp 連絡してね♪