Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Warren

How was everyone's long weekend? Good? Good. I'm working from bed today, currently sitting here wrapped in a blanket, typing away on the laptop whilst surrounded by Easter Egg debris, nursing unexpected sunburn and a hangover which has, inexplicably, manifested itself in my right arm. Feels like I've been sleeping on it. Actually, it feels like I hibernated on it, such is the dull, annoying pain. Strange.

On the subject of weird, a couple of nights ago I dreamt that myself and Warren from Hollyoaks started putting on gigs together. Here's my artists (Paint) reconstruction of how our nights looked:



Less weird is the fact that I'm listening to Native's EP and falling in love with it all over again. The guys just finished recording their debut album with Chris Common (the lad who worked on Blakfish's record, remember?) this weekend. From all accounts it sounds bostin', or whatever word the cool kids use to describe something positive these days.

Wintermute's CDs arrived this morning and they look lovely. Collecting them from the door and warming up some leftover KFC chicken in the microwave are the only two things to have dragged my carcass out of bed so far today and are therefore currently tied for highlight of the morning. It's going to take something pretty special to top those. Perhaps Warren dropping round to aggressively play me some new demos would do it?

No comments: