Thursday, 9 April 2009

Slow day

Do you ever have those days where you have so much to do, you end up doing nothing at all? It's an analogy I often use but picture a bunch of fat men (they have beards, string vests and incredible amounts of sweat, if it helps the image) running towards a small doorway, their vast combined weight blocking it off meaning that nobody can escape. Now switch those fat lads for thoughts and the door for my brain. My sweaty brain and it's of no use to me today.

Last night Jack Alcopop came round. This, as ever, resulted in us drinking cider, listening to Huw Stephens and spending money we can ill afford on Ebay. You know those nights when you end up buying 'Living The Dream', the official Gretna FC song from the Scottish FA Cup final 2006 by the Hugh Trowsers Band on CD single? Yeah it was one of those. Thankfully, the song's a hit.

I'm a little envious of all our bands being on tour right now. Classic post-holiday blues, I guess. This Town Needs Guns are in Germany, Blakfish in Poland, Wintermute Scotland, The Tupolev Ghost just arrived home from two weeks away including a couple of days of partying in Ireland, Pulled Apart By Horses about to head out with Rolo Tomassi, Shapes are off at the start of May and Copy Haho have just been confirmed for a bunch of shows with Johnny Foreigner, Tubelord and Calories. This Easter weekend will see me visit Peterborough and Wantage. Hardly the glamour capitals of the country. Ho hum

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the Summer and Autumn Collection CDs, below. A lot of good ideas, both in the comments and via email. Keep em coming...

We have two new releases to announce over the next few weeks. One is a new band whose record has already cemented a place in my top 5 albums of the year, the other is a new compilation. Soon we'll also have some exciting news for slightly further afield fans, a potentially ridiculous release and a lot more gigs and tours. I nervously looked at the release schedule this morning and I'll be pleased to make it through 2009 alive.

I'm off to try and drag some fat men through doors

No comments: