Wednesday, 11 March 2009

The SHAPES of punk to come

I'm writing this whilst sitting on a bus, on my way home after meeting the lovely Huw Stephens in London. I'm typing away an email to Wintermute and listening through and organising a tracklisting for our next compilation CD. Gotta love modern day record labels and the technology we dabble in. I wonder if Sony was born on a bus somewhere near High Wycombe? Doubt it.

As you may or may not have heard, we've put one of the tracks from SHAPES barnstorming forthcoming EP up online. The track is called 'You Butcher' and includes a particularly haunting ending featuring violin from Oli Knowles, ex-Meet Me In St Louis guitarist and resident BSM strings assistant. You can download the MP3 right here and marvel at the CDs artwork here:



In other news, I'm off to the US next week. You probably already know that as I've been banging on about it for months now. I don't really 'do' business cards (I like to pretend I'm "too DIY for that, maaaan" but laziness is probably closer to the point) but I figured it might be wise to knock up a few label sampler CDs to take with me. I started burning them last night and they feature 10 bands (all the usual suspects plus one we won't be announcing for at least 5 weeks yet) offering up 2 tracks each. Obviously, they sound incredible. I'll probably sell whatever I come home with off on the Boot Sale Music site but as I'm feeling especially proud of this little gathering, I'm gonna give copies away free with the next 5 mailorders starting from... Now!

And last but not least, our friends over at Alcopop Records are running a cool little promotion offering free bets on this weeks Cheltenham Festival every time you buy something from the online shop. I know a couple of people have already picked winners, you should give it a try too...

1 comment:

muebles en madrid said...

Goodness, there's so much effective information here!