Saturday, 14 March 2009

Footy! Take 6

This week, as mentioned on more than one occasion, has been relentless. Two weeks ago I drew up the most intense, forward-planning to-do list of my life, organising absolutely everything I needed to complete before going away, and by the time my head hit the pillow last night, the list was empty. What a glorious feeling that was. I was almost emotional, such was the magnitude of the previous few days workload. I now - I hope - can finally start to relax and look forward to the free beer and sunshine of Texas... But not before I place a couple of stupid bets. I do have a surf and turf fund to raise, after all.

Because of the hectic week it completely slipped my mind to ask the footballing opinions of any industry colleagues (obviously my list wasn't quite as comprehensive as I'd thought) so am going it alone again this week. As we found out the last time I attempted this, it probably doesn't bode well, and to really ramp things up I'm going to place two bets, as it's unlikely I'll get around to placing one next week - unless I can sort out a cheeky backhander at the rodeo, of course.

Bet One: £2 trixie (every available double plus a treble - ie if two or more are right, I win some money) on Arshavin, Micky Owen and Jo to all score in todays Premier League games.

Bet Two: 50p on Arsenal, Everton, Burnley, Sheff. U, Wolves, Leeds, Peterborough, Oxford and Tamworth to all claim victories.

If both bets come in I'll win just over £50 and will spend it on getting an appropriate tattoo in Texas. Probably from a heavily bearded man and a rusty needle.


2 comments:

Kev said...

The closest I've ever come to a tattoo! Goals from Arshavin and Jo but nothing from Owen, and only Tamworth screwing up the accumulator meant I just missed out. Still, the goals were enough to cover the price of one Saturday night drink, and my skin remains free of scars... at least for this week!

Dany said...

I had a co-worker get a piercing at SXSW a few years back, mostly cuz his girlfriend also had a lip ring...