Wednesday, 28 January 2009

When celebrities go mad

We all remember the famous Grange Hill "just say no" campaign, whether it's from the time or thanks to that yetti, Justin Lee-Collins and the all too frequently repeated programme where he re-assembles the cast. However, it would seem that one ex-cast member may have slipped from the righteous path.

Remember Wayne Sutcliffe?



Here's an email I received from the badboy turned rocker last year:

Hi Kev
Following on from our recent conversation I would like to point you in the direction of my myspace page to be considered for your development deal. I have been writing songs for the last ten years since leaving th BBC Series Grange Hill in which I played the part of Wayne Sutcliffe for seven years. I now have over one hundred songs in a very unique style and I am looking to do something with them.
I record and produce all my own material on a digital four track and at this moment in time I am experimenting with diffrent peformance styles. I have recently changed my name to MORTZO which comes from the french for Death (Mort) and the ancient Greek for To Live ( Zo ) The recordings on my page are a little raw but hopefully you will hear the ideas behind what I am trying to do and maybe you will be able to offer me some benifitial advice to help further myself in this crazy mad industry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

P.J


1) I have never met, corresponded with, or if I'm honest, given so much as a moment of thought to this man.

2) Development deal?

I'm busy today and don't want to be held responsible for influencing anybodies opinion so I'm simply going to leave you with a link to his Myspace, where a small selection of his one hundred songs can be heard, along with two videos: one live performance and one clip from a (hopefully forthcoming) new acting project, including a bizarre and unfortunately brief cameo from none other than football and drugs legend, Tony Adams. Enjoy.

www.myspace.com/desolateicon




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!


"she's a good girl, don't break her heart now player"

Kev said...

I heard that Mike Skinner is quaking in his boots

coxy.me.uk said...

Hahah, that's amazing. Who is this guy too? Didn't be used to be in Grange Hill or some other CBBC based drama?

Kev said...

He does look familiar but I can't quite put my finger on why

Anonymous said...

Come on Kev, we all know that you have actually signed him to a 'development deal' and this is just one of your whacky viral marketing ideas ... brilliant, quite brilliant! ;)

P.J said...

So Kev what is going on are you going to sign me for a development deal or what? The other actor in the clip of the film is Marcel MCcalla who was also in Grange Hill and Footballers wives. Nice to see peeps chatting about my music.

Lee Macdonald said...

Hi Kev,

Following on from our recent weekend drug-binge I would like to point you in the direction of my myspace page to be considered for your development deal. I have been shooting heroin for the last ten years since leaving th BBC Series Grange Hill in which I played the part of Zammo for seven years. I now have over one hundred used needles in a very unique Lidl carrier bag and I am looking to do something with them.
I cook and inject all my own drugs in a mutlistorey carpark and at this moment in time I am experimenting with diffrent injection styles. I have recently changed my name to PHUQFLAPP which comes from the vietnamese for Penis (Phuq) and the ancient Greek for To Copulate ( Flapp ) The trackmarks on my arm are a little raw but hopefully you will see the ideas behind what I am trying to do and maybe you will be able to offer me some financial backing to help further myself in this crazy mad drug habit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

L.M.

stargirl said...

I really REALLY like this - gonna check out some more of his stuff..

Anonymous said...

pretty sure I saw him in jerico the other day, good sound, good response, good stuff

Ettel said...

This guy is a joker 'brushing his teeth time for sleep relief'Was he really in Grange Hill? I don't remember him!

Kev said...

I'm disappearing into a world of cynicism and can no longer tell which of these comments are genuine! Apologies if they all are, I'm just glad people are listening to the music

Really hope someone from The Bill emails me soon

Anonymous said...

This guy is good a little strange in his approach but really good... 'I'm digging in the dark' classic!! I hope he gets a deal soon, wanna hear more!!

thisblogisacatinsteadofablog said...

Wow. Just wow.