Thursday, 29 January 2009

Out of Office - London!

I woke up in London this morning and really wasn't sure whether this was a good idea or not. Knowing what a busy couple of weeks I had coming up, part of me was screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO HOME AND DO SOME REAL WORK!" whilst the other, relatively relaxed, possibly Rastafarian part was cooly suggesting that I wouldn't want to break my new years resolution before January is even crossed off of the calendar. They both put forward a good arguement.

I went with the chilled out fella.

Today I'm taking the day to wander around London. I'm going to visit Rough Trade and Pure Groove (two independent record shops which despite stocking some of our releases along with many other fine items, I've never actually visited.) I'm going to go somewhere for breakfast, I'm going to accept a free newspaper outside of a tube station, I'm going to catch a bus instead of a train and I might even go and see Buckingham Palace. Who knows! I've been coming to this city for 10 years now, making many hundreds of trips, but not once have I actually taken some time to enjoy it without the pressure of a gig, meeting, friend or some other form of time restricting factor.

So come on then London, what have you got for me?


1 comment:

robinhood005 said...

Nice to inform us about your new Office London...