Thursday, 29 January 2009

No rest for the wicked

The extremities of the next two weeks have just dawned on me. I'm a little bit panicked about it right now so to try and get my head around everything - and to give you all a glimpse into the dangerous waters of my diary - I'm going to present the information in the form of a tour schedule:

01.02 - Work work work
02.02 - Fly to Barcelona
03.02 - Do everything there is to do in Barcelona in 24 hours
04.02 - Barcelona / Fly home late evening
05.02 - Squeeze a whole weeks worth of work in to one day
06.02 - Get up at 4am and fly to Belfast for Unconvention
07.02 - Recover from Irish whiskey hangover / Fly home in the evening
08.02 - Forego Sunday relaxing and give in to my 'to do' list
09.02 - Cardiff via London to meet Secondsmile
10.02 - Cardiff to London to Oxford for Shoes And Socks Off gig
11.02 - London for day of meetings and Copy Haho gig
12.02 - Pull off another week-of-work-in-a-day miracle

The fact that it all starts on a Sunday gives you an idea of just how much there is to do. I hate working Sundays, I feel like I'm being cheated out of a real life. My first trip to Barcelona presents a nice little holiday, albeit one week too early, and as fun as Unconvention promises to be, I'm a little nervous about my appearance on their speed-networking panel where I sit alongside major label chiefs and university lecturer dignitaries, trying to give other people advice whilst not caving in to my early morning start and my overwhelming desire to sleep. Once that (and a second consecutive working Sunday) is out of the way, it descends into all sorts of public transport mess as I hot-foot it between Oxford, London and Cardiff in what promises to see me spending more time on public transport than at any single destination. I'm getting tired just thinking about it all.

Wish me luck!

PS. Here's another video of Blakfish completing their descent into madness:

No comments: