Thursday, 8 January 2009

Back to work

After yesterdays triumphant day of watching american football and dreaming up some new ideas for the label, it was back to work with a bang this morning as I found myself sat at the computer by 7am. Not particularly through choice, I just couldn't sleep having woken up at 6am thinking I could smell fire. After half an hour of being too lazy/stupid to go and check, instead opting to lay there and "listen for fire" I figured I may as well just get up and do something proactive.

Today I write to you with both good and bad news, each represented with words and moving pictures.

First, the bad news...

Unfortunately Serj, Secondsmile's super-strong drummer for the past 6 years and all-round nice guy (for the past 21 or so years), has decided to leave the band. He'll be dearly missed and we all wish him the very best as he heads off to persue a life outside of music. All I ask is you remember him accordingly...



Now for the good news...

We've announced a new signing! The brilliant Wintermute will be joining our happy little family, with their debut album, 'Robot Works', set for release in April. Before then, however, there'll be a 3" CD single in February (limited to just 100 copies) and the band recorded the following introduction message at a house party on the recent BSM Christmas Tour. Talk about good first impressions...


No comments: