Thursday, 18 December 2008

Taxing

I've just found out that I'm currently sitting pretty at number 3 in the Oxford Twitter elite top 50. I'm not sure how I should feel about this. Is it an achievement? Or have I just hit new levels of geekiness? I'll assume it's both and just get on with my day.

Today I'm continuing my binge on mailorders. We've had a ridiculous amount over the past couple of weeks which is as flattering and appreciated as it is difficult and worrying. Threats of yet another Royal Mail strike in Oxford are hanging over and the postmen aren't exactly known for their speed at the best of times. Another thing lurking over me is my end of year tax return. An annoying form which needs to be completed by 31st January every year, so that the Government know how much tax I owe for the previous financial year. The year ends in March so I have 10 months to do the calculations and fill in all of the necessary details, yet that's never enough when there are so many distractions around. And when I say distractions, I obviously mean absolutely anything I can possibly do to avoid spending a single minute even contemplating starting work on this stupid bloody form! I'm starting to make a list of resolutions for next year and pushing for the top spot right now is hiring an accountant to handle this crap for me.

One week to Christmas, hey? Better get another visual aid in to help with the seasons greetings. These puppies can sing! Someone pass me the phone, I've just found the latest addition to our roster...

No comments: