Friday, 5 December 2008

Festive

It's 5th December and I don't feel in the slightest bit festive. My mum has been nagging me for weeks to give her some ideas for Christmas presents and the shops have been frustrating me for too long already with their incessant decorations and slow-moving crowds. I seem to remember it was about 11pm on Christmas eve when I felt my first twinge of yuletide excitement last year. Is this what it's going to be like from now on? More a hassle than the wonderous charm of years gone by? Ba, humbug.

Pinnacle update...

It now looks as though it'll be sometime next week before we know too much about what's going on. Signs are still looking fairly positive for us but I'm not unclenching these tense muscles just yet.

There seems to be a really strange atmosphere around at the moment. Yesterday I was considering how it feels a little like a recent death of a friend or family member, kinda mournful, tired and with a strange, almost anger, towards anyone getting on with their day to day lives seemingly without a worry in the world. After yesterdays AIM meeting, apparently another record label made a similar comparison, talking about the awkward, silent tone from the gathered crowd of nervous record label owners. Through it all there seems to be a real strong unity and 'in it together' attitude bubbling away and I've been receiving many emails and text messages of support, lots of whom having read the below blogs, so thanks again to all of you who've been in contact. Don't go leaving any flowers by the roadside just yet though, we're still fighting and BSM will be around for a lot longer yet. We're not directly linked with Pinnacle meaning we'll hopefully escape this horrible situation intact, so there are 400+ record labels who deserve your support more than we do right now.

Lifting the mood slightly... Watch Arrested Development. Easily one of the best comedies I've ever seen, although Youtube is seriously lacking in good quality clips, so here's some Curb Your Enthusiasm instead:

No comments: