Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Flying

Last night I dreamt I took my driving test but instead of having to use a car, I had to hover around on something vaguely resembling a pogo stick. It had three pedals, gears and a steering wheel, and I was told to drive it around a busy supermarket to prove that I could handle the machine. Off I went, wizzing around corners and looking generally cool until I somehow took off and before I knew it, was hovering 10ft in the air, above everyones heads. I was having a great time zipping around, dodging beams in the ceiling and looking down, waving at people. Eventually it came to an end and I crashed down somewhere near the front door where the elderly female driving instructor, who was busy buying beads from a market stall, refused to give me my licence. She hadn't seen my incredible flying skills and accused me of lying, saying that I'd just been hiding around the corner and hadn't done any driving at all. I protested and told her I'd prove it, but when I looked down at the pedals couldn't for the life of me remember which one was the accelerator. I desperately tried to get the thing going but ended up falling off and crashing through the table of beads.

Moral of the story: Stick to public transport.

No comments: