Tuesday, 9 September 2008

An open letter to Fred Durst

Fred? Kev. Long time listener, first time writer.

This is just a quick note to let you know that after a somewhat disturbing dream yesterday I went on a bit of a nu-metal trip and downloaded your 'Greatest Hitz' record. I'm not going to lie to you Fred, I had low expectations. I anticipated a couple of happy-memory-enducing, heavily downtuned, rock club dancefloor anthems and a lot of chaff holding up the disc. I was wrong. 17 tracks (my favourite number, just so you know for future reference) and a surprising amount of solid material on there. We all know the hits; 'Break Stuff', 'Nookie', 'Faith', 'My Generation', hell I nearly forgot about 'My Way', but you've done a good job here. Your cover of 'Bittersweet Symphony' is everything I hoped it would be having gleefully spotted it on the tracklisting. I know you've had your troubles recently and it must be difficult going from being one of the biggest rockstars on the planet to the poster boy for metal mocking, but I wanted you to know I think you're ok.

On the flipside I also downloaded 'The Best of Korn' - a huge disappointment. The pupil has truly become the teacher here and Jonathan Davis and co could do a lot worse than having a listen through your work and giving themselves a long hard look in the mirror. Then again, what else could you expect from a band who've peddled the same rubbish for so many years? You know what I'm saying, bro! If you were here you'd high-five me now. We'd crack a beer and maybe eat some fried some chicken too.

You'll never see this but that's ok. I know you're a busy guy.

Keep on rocking


Kev



5 comments:

Martin said...

I dreamt I was sold to Coventry where I played with Shaun Goater and Thomas Gravesen. Not quite as disturbing. Perhaps you and Fred were in the crowd chanting "My Generation"?

Martin said...

Oh, and Wanchope played left wing. Such pace he showed!

Anonymous said...

dude. stop listening to that

daniel

Kev said...

I'm a big fan of football dreams. I've scored lots of important goals and lifted many trophies in my time. Never been sold to Cov though! That sounds more like a nightmare to me.

PS. No way, Daniel!

Alex said...

korn are way better than limp. Dude!