Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Press releases are for pricks

Last night we spent about 4 hours watching African Independence Television. Gotta love Sky. Anyone who's familiar with the UBA advert jingle will know where I'm coming from. (Gem and Jack, I'm pretty much just looking at you two here I think).

Still struggling to write the press release for This Town Needs Guns. I have a draft now which I think is ok, but not sure it's quite perfect. These things are harder than they should be sometimes and in the back of my mind this voice keeps saying "don't write that, you'll sound like a prick writing about a band of pricks playing prick-ish music" which obviously isn't the desired effect. Maybe I should just send a plain white sheet of paper with "This Town Needs Guns - 'Animals' - make up your own minds" printed right in the middle in size 5 Arial?

"You prick, that's your worst idea yet"


Wingdings?

"Only pricks use that font"

Yesterday I packaged up loads of mailorders. I've been quietly getting on with them over the last few days so anyone who has been waiting should hopefully have received theirs now, or very soon will be at least. Unlike the last time I moved house and inherrited a new Post Office, so far none of their staff have asked me to sell Fred Kuntz records for them. Trying to explain to a middle aged, stamp licking, man exactly what running a record label entails is actually harder than the job itself sometimes.

3 comments:

lottery draw said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

coxy said...

Your blog doesn't widen my imagination - in fact, your blog takes my tiny brain and does a little shit on it in an attempt to showcase it's superior authority.

DO IT!

whiskas said...

Trying to explain to a middle aged, stamp licking, man exactly what running a record label entails is actually harder than the job itself sometimes.

Amen brother