Monday, 11 August 2008

Bore draws and the Barfly

The new football season is go! The betting account is off to a 100% flyer thanks to Coventry and Birmingham but my Reading supporting expectations took a little knock yesterday as we looked average at best in our 0-0 bore draw. The Prem season kicks off on Saturday and my Fantasy Football team looks like a squad of superhero stallions.

This week we have the This Town Needs Guns/Pennines split 7" and Mimas album going off to be pressed. Both will be available to pre-order very soon, or you could pick them up at a very special London Barfly gig on 2nd September, which will see the three bands along with Colour taking to the stage to fill your ears and hearts with indie joy. SeeTickets.com claim the gig's taking place on 2nd November. Don't listen, it's pants are on fire.

I'm still listening to Native. This is beyond silly now. I've also been rediscovering the joys of 'The Sattelite Years' by Hopesfall and 'Learning To Accept Silence' by In Pieces though. Probably 8/10 for musical choices today I think.

Tonight I will be mostly eating chicken kievs (dull fact: I went 23 years thinking I hated garlic. Since then I haven't eaten a meal without it), starting work on series 4 of 24, cutting, folding and sticking TTNG album promo sleeves and trying to find a way to fix my beloved, ripped shoes, using only Pritt-Stick and double sided sellotape. Lets just hope it doesn't rain for a while

No comments: