Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Footy!




It's with huge, stepover-crazy, heart-racing excitement we can tell you that the Big Scary Monsters 5-a-side football tournament is back again this year!

Taking place on Sunday 27th July at the Linford Christie Sports Centre, 16 teams will be competing to win one of the most glamorous trophies in the modern game. Last years winning captain, Sam Duckworth from Team Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, made the draw for the group stages just a week ago and you can watch the names coming out of the Tesco bag over at www.bsmrocks.com/football right now.

BSM will be competing against Forward Russia/iLIKETRAINS, Hassle/Signature Tune Records and label heavyweights Secondsmile in Group C, with only one team set to qualify for the semi-finals. The rest of the group lineups are here.

This year we've decided to open a little betting shop and are giving you the chance to put your money where your mouth is. Well, when I say money, I mean free prediction, and when I say mouth, I guess I actually mean keyboard. If you head over to our dedicated tournament mini-site you can predict who you think will win the competition, with all correct entrants winning a free BSM CD, redeemable from this website or Banquet Records in Kingston.

Look out for stories, photos and videos, next week. I'm now off for a run. And by run, I mean a drink.

No comments: