Friday, 4 July 2008

Arriba

I've recovered from my food poisoning but seem to have picked up a new bug: wrestling. Not since the crazy days of the late 90's have I been quite so excited about men prancing around in lycra and tonight I'm following up on my recent debut event by going to see the Lucha Libre Mexican's in Camden. Here's a video of a man being suplexed onto 6 chairs and some Americans in the crowd definitely not going over the top:





"Is he dead?" Yes, he probably is. Good call, dick.

Secondsmile's album launch show in London Wednesday was brilliant. I spent the night drinking water which was surprisingly good and, according to my compliment-happy girlfriend, my skin looked "less grey than usual" for it. SS, The Xcerts, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly and Colour were all amazing, Dave Tubelord DJ'd some massive hits and the room was filled with friends and aggressive photographers. Tonight they do it all over again, this time for their home fans in Bridport, and tomorrow it's off to Guilfest with the likes of Blondie and Kula Shaker. Here's what Kerrang said this week about new album, 'Years':




This morning has been fairly productive. I'm thinking of starting a new little business venture, unrelated to BSM and comparatively way more boring, but the modern day record label model, and the fact that I never have any money, is starting to force my hand slightly. Last night I had a nightmare that I ran out of money. The bank was bone dry, I wasn't owed anything from anybody, even my accounts with the bookies were empty. I couldn't pay my rent, I couldn't pay for the upcoming releases, I couldn't even pay to watch wrestling. I woke up in a cold sweat and was on the computer researching future competitors and checking the feasibility of ideas by 9am. The revolution starts now. Well, when I get home with a Mexican wrestling mask, at least.

No comments: