Monday, 9 June 2008

Radio fought back. Video's dead

I don't think I've mentioned this on here yet but the June episode of the BSM podcast is now up online. It features the usual excellent banter along with new music from Blakfish, Pennines, The Defeat (taken from the 6 Machine compilation), Alcopop's Cut The Blue Wire, a couple of old classics from Itch and Yndi Halda and demo of the month from the brilliant Dinosaur Pile-Up. Get it from iTunes or download the MP3.

In other podcast news, check out the nicely named Frogcast The Podcast for a BSM special, including music from This Town Needs Guns, Secondsmile, House of Brothers, Tubelord and more, as well as a rather lengthy phone interview with yours truly. I definitely wasn't distracted by the football whilst answering their questions.

And as if that wasn't enough of my voice for you, Saturday afternoon I recorded a short interview with BBC Radio One for a feature on Huw Stephens Wednesday 9pm In New Music We Trust show, talking about the Oxford music scene. Whether or not any of my slightly drunken (see below) mid-afternoon, noisy background, babble will make it into the broadcast, it's anyones guess. I recommend tuning in anyway as you'll also hear a few words from Stu of This Town Needs Guns as well as an exclusive first play of a brand new album track.





Here's a Secondsmile flyer:

No comments: