Thursday, 8 May 2008

Poke

Are you on Facebook? Is this you?




This Town Needs Guns have 1341 plays on their Myspace page so far today, with an hour and a half still to go until the counter resets. I like days like this.

Last night I rediscovered 'The Vowels Pt. 2' by Why? That's not an oddly phrased question by the way, it's just the artist Why?'s choice of punctuation. "Cheeri-a, cheeri-e, cheeri-i, cheeri-o, cheeri-uuuuu" goes the vowel-happy chorus. Listen to it here on Bret from Anathallo's Muxtape.

Yesterday I really burnt myself out. I started work at dead on 8am and as Gem went straight from work to college in the evening I didn't notice the time and accidentally worked straight through to 9pm. I stopped for a bit, looked around the house, got restless, and trudged back to my computer. Feeling seriously tired I had nothing left in the engine... And then it happened. I would say that at least two, if not all three of the ideas I had in the ensuing half an hour would easily slide into my 'top 10 ideas for 2008 so far' list. If said list existed. Which it should, and probably will next time I'm looking for distraction. I'm not going to tell you what these incredible brainwaves were but you'll find out about all three over the coming months. If I remember, I'll try and reference back to this post when each one is announced, so that you can check them off and sleep easy once again. I wouldn't want anyone suffering from my creativity. That would be unfair.

No comments: