Monday, 26 May 2008

Holidays for banks

This weekend I decided to take a couple of days off and relax. It's been a very long time since I last did that and it felt good, especially at 10.30 Friday evening when I finished up my vodka and Fanta in the Brixton branch of Carpetright's carpark and wandered across the road to spend the next half an hour or so dancing to the Celtic reggae tones of Paddyrasta, in a busy little venue called Hootananny. Regular readers of this website will already have a fair idea of how excited I get about this band. Easily my favourite Scottish reggae act right now.

The latest episode of his Punktastic Podcast is up online now and features tracks from Secondsmile and Blakfish, as well as an old My Awesome Compilation track from a good few years ago. Give it a listen here. Later this week I'll be doing a phone interview with another podcast (I'll post the link when it goes live) and a new episode - possibly my favourite so far - of the BSM podcast will be up online in very early June. Right now Simon, Andy and Joel are piecing together an Alcopop special, which is due to hit the iTunes shelves before next months end. We've gone web 2.0 crazy around here... I think. Still not exactly sure what that means.

Ever heard of Slagsmålsklubben? Well according to the results of a quick search, iTunes listeners who like Tubelord also like Slagsmålsklubben. I'm an iTunes listener who likes Tubelord, does that mean I like Slagsmålsklubben? Well, I like the name.

After many, many, many ignored voicemails the Linford Christie Sports Centre in London finally called us back and confirmed our booking for the second annual BSM 5-a-side football tournament. Look out for more exciting details soon, but it's fair to say after England's failiure to appear at this years European Championships, and of course Reading's relegation from the Premiership, it's easily THE highlight of this summers footballing calendar.

This blog was brought to you by the sounds of the rubbish British "summertime" weather attempting to smash and flood its way through my walls.

1 comment:

Beulah said...

Keep up the good work.