Friday, 18 April 2008

Snickers. No, wait... Marathon Bar

Just another normal night out last night, winding up drinking vodka and eating a battered sausage in the back of a packed chip shop whilst a little fella played Johnny Cash and Elvis covers. Standard, really. Still, could've been worse, could've been out with these lads.



Myself and Jack Alcopop made the trip into London last night to catch up with our good pals in goFASTER, along with a cluttered array of brilliant other friends. Quite the industry fest, we hung out with managers, labels, publishers, booking agents, promoters, press people, a few band members and apparently one or two actors, not that I recognised them. We even managed to agree a new, and brilliant, release which I'm pleased about. Oh and Mike Hooper, the former Liverpool substitue goalkeeper, now a doorman in his hometown, was recruited to play in goal for Team Alcopop in this years BSM 5-a-side football tournament. Talk of Peter Beardsley was also overheard. I ended the night with a violent case of hiccups.

If you only do one thing today, make sure it's listen to 'Fair Trade Bananas' by Paddyrasta. Clearly the best intro to a song ever. "One banana, two banana... Three, four bananas"

Itunes shuffle update: Anathallo. Fang Island. Alkaline Trio. Oh how you treat me today, kind Apple.

The Secondsmile podcast should've been up on itunes Tuesday but it still hasn't gone live! I don't know what's going on and it's really frustrating. I've double checked the coding and that's fine, so I'm not sure what's stopping it working. Stupid Apple. I take back my kind words from earlier.

No comments: