Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Of The Seven Seas

So as I mentioned briefly earlier, I'm off to Scotland this weekend. The trip has now extended to take in stops in Gretna, Dumfries, Livingston and Edinburgh, plus many piss-breaks along the way, I'm sure. Upon making a quick search of Trip Advisor for a decent (read: cheap) hotel in Edinburgh I came across the name Edinburgh Of The Seven Seas. Now if that's not the best darn tooting name I ever did hear I don't have a clue what is! I couldn't leave it at that, I had to ask everyones friend, Wikipedia, what they knew about it.

"Edinburgh of the Seven Seas is regarded as the most remote permanent settlement in the world, being over 1,500 miles (2400 kilometres) from the nearest human settlement, on Saint Helena"

Wow

And that's it for this post, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. All the best


No comments: