Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Ninepens

My head is absolutely banging and my eyes keep getting distracted by the colourful Pennines CD sitting just below my monitor. It's amazing, by the way. I began the night last night by going to Nando's just to drink. Ever done that? Probably not, it's quite low. There is only one reason in the world to visit that place and it's definitely poultry based. After that I drank a load of cheap vodka I bought back from New York. On the plus-side, it gets you smashed really quickly, but on the negative side you end up feeling sick for hours, sometimes days. I guess you get what you pay for.

The gig was brilliant. This Town Needs Guns, Tubelord, Colour and Pennines all "kicked it" as the kids might say in trendy East London, and my DJing was excellent, even if I do say so myself. I dropped some massive bombs and only wandered off forgetting to put another record on twice, which isn't bad for me. The singer from We Are Scientists and some of the Mystery Jets were there, that's pretty cool, right? Highlight of the evening was probably the guy who found out about all of the bands and the gig thanks to the BSM podcast, or scoping out Thom Yorke's house on the way back into Oxford.

We've decided that we're going to get Chloe from Hollyoaks to dress like Stu, the singer from This Town Needs Guns in the band's next video. Here's an artists impression:



It's all go again tonight as Anathallo support Manchester Orchestra at the Scala. Really looking forward to this one. This week I've read nothing but good reports. Half the people have said "I love Anathallo and they didn't disappoint" and the other half have said "wasn't that into them on record but live they blew me away", so either way I think it's going to be a stone cold winner. I now have three hours to beat the hangover and start my trip back into London. I'm going to have another crack at mobile phone gig recording tonight. Keep em crossed.

No comments: