Friday, 1 February 2008

Cakes

Remember when you were young and your mum would be making cakes, but you didn't care about the finished article, all you wanted to do was pollish off the mixture from the bowl? Well last night I returned home from the gig to find Gemma making fairy cakes and I ended up making that same, sickness-enducing, childish mistake all over again. I should know better by now.

Speaking of childish mistakes, I think I may have ranted on here about this issue before, but when did kids get so rude?! I guess I knew what I was letting myself into by going to see New Found Glory, the pop-punk heroes of so many adolescent wet dreams, in a small sold out venue, but what I wasn't expecting was quite so many little attitudes! The girls are worse than the boys. 17 (at best) and drunk on whatever-the-trendy-underage-drink-is-these-days, they knock passed you, noses up-turned, with an air of sheer arrogance which screams "get out of my way, I'm like, so much cooler than you", holding hands with their equally tartilly dressed BFF (that's best friend forever, text fans) en route to the toilets where they can discuss Mr Smith's GNVQ assignment and the boy with the skinny jeans and gaping hole in his ear who's just, like, OMG, so fit.

Apologies for the rant but as a 20-something music snob opinions are all I have left.

Right now I seriously can't stop listening to Fang Island. They write the feel good hits of... the winter?

We're making lots of plans at the moment. Special episodes of the podcast, some new videos, blog profiles and more streaming music are all a-coming. I don't actually know what web 2.0 is, I tend to just nod and say "aah yes, web 2.0" approvingly when someone mentions it, but I think I might be getting accidently into it. Good times.



No comments: