Friday, 11 January 2008

Good moods and Fantasy Football

Despite the sound of the rain pissing down from the very first moment I awoke, and the fact that I'm sitting here in my coat because I'm too lazy to go and turn the heating up, I'm in a good mood today.

I think I've only really listened to two bands all week: Tubelord and Anathallo. Having been excitedly awaiting the new Anathallo record for many, many weeks now I was delighted to find the MP3s sitting in my inbox yesterday. 4 or 5 listens later and I was ecstatic. As a record label owner I'm not sure there's a better feeling than absolutely loving the bands you work with and being so into their new recordings you just can't wait for others to hear them too.

I finally scraped together enough money to pay for my accomodation in New York, just one week before we travel. We'll be staying in a hotel in the, apparently sort-after area, of Upper Westside of Manhattan. The reviews I read online were mixed to say the least, and I can't bring myself to repeat what some of the negative ones said, but hey, it's cheap, there's a bed (I hope!) and cable TV. So expect me to return home with many tales of late night American sport watching!

I'm in two minds about whether to bring Giles Barnes, the Derby midfielder, into my Fantasy Football team. On one hand, it could be one of those daring moves which pays dividends because no one else has him. On the other hand, it could be really fucking stupid. I'm going to toss a coin. I hope that's how Alex Ferguson picks his side on a Saturday morning too.


1 comment:

coxy said...

I think you should spend your Fantasy Football cash on Derby County's Mascot instead. Rammie ftw!