Saturday, 22 December 2007

House of Brothers blog

The second of our guest blogs from bands, this time from Andrew Jackson, AKA House of Brothers:


"It happens that the stage-sets collapse. Rising, tram, four hours in the office or factory, meal, tram, fours of work, meal, sleep and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, according to the same rhythm - this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the 'why' arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement. 'Begins' - this is important. Weariness comes at the end of the acts of a mechanical life, but at the same time it inaugerates the impulse of consciousness. It awakens consciousness and provides what follows. What follows is the gradual return into the chain or it is the definitive awakening. At the end of the awakening comes, in time, the consequence: suicide or recovery. In itself weariness has something sickening about it. Here, I must conclude that it is good. For everything begins with consciousness and nothing is worth anything except through it."

- The Myth of Sisyphus, Albert Camus.

Tonight I'll go to sleep late. Tomorrow I'll wake up early. I've got a lot of writing to do tonight. I've got a lot of buying to do tomorrow. I've got compromises to make as I'm sure you do too. Christmas is nearly here, and with it comes the end of yet another year. I was trying to think of all the memories I can clearly remember between the date of my birth and becoming a teenager. The list was far from extensive. I tries to musture all the memories I can partially remember between the same dates; the list was even shorter. Memory is a funny thing. What with all these toils, accomplishments, journey's, bargains, good deeds and regrets that fill our everyday lives, it seems the memory cannot keep up. Our brains may work faster than we can walk, but we will walk further than our minds can imagine. And so is revealed the perpetual dichotomy between body and soul. Must they be forever be shackled to one another in such a way?

Treat yourself or a loved one this Christmas to the 'DEADMAN' EP which is now available.


LOVE.
Andy
x





Watch the latest episode of Cnet TV's Encoded show, which includes a nice little mention for House of Brothers. Click here to stream

1 comment:

site said...

It will not succeed as a matter of fact, that is what I consider.