Friday, 9 November 2007

Testimonial

On March 3rd 2008 my all-time favourite dance song turns 10 years old. 'Renegade Master' by Wildchild had it all. Fast, catchy lyrics, pounding bass, breakdowns and an unstoppable energy that, at the age of 14, I just had to throw my arms in the air and sing-along to. At 24, nothing has changed.

How do I celebrate this landmark release? A day dedicated to Wildchild? Ask one of the BSM bands to cover the song? Publish a host of 'Renegade' offers and promotions on the website? Perhaps some rememberance day armbands would be apt? Maybe I should write to the Prime Minister and request the day be made a public holiday?

After a small amount of research this morning I'm said to discover that Roger "Wildchild" McKenzie, the genius producer behind the original version of the track, unfortunately died in November 1997. The track was first unleashed on the world in 1995 but I, unfortunately, did not discover it until 1998 when Norman Cook, AKA Fatboy Slim, gave it a second life with a rousing remix.


If you would like to spend 3rd March 2008 celebrating with me the 10 year anniversary of the greatest ever dance song, please get in touch with your ideas about how best to celebrate the occasion. I look forward to hearing from you.

P for power.


1 comment:

site said...

Quite helpful material, thank you for this post.