Wednesday, 28 November 2007

Meet Me In Camden

It feels like ages since I last wrote on here. Sorry for the neglect. Today I'm struggling with my second hangover in as many days, this one twice as bad as it's predecessor. A half-empty bottle of horrific, toxic-looking TVX Blue is sitting in front of me. It symbolises the error I made in drinking again last night, but will probably be finished by the end of tonight. Learning from mistakes was never one of my strong points.

Monday night was the Meet & Greet launch night at The Enterprise in Camden. It was a fine evening of punk rock fun, featuring awesome live sets from Meet Me In St Louis (their last with Toby), The New 1920, Sam Isaac and Tubelord, plus Jack (Alcopop!) and Ivano (BSM) laying down some phat beats between them all. Despite everything which could possibly have gone wrong, going wrong, we made it through and finished the evening dancing on stools with a bottle of champagne in hand. The venue floor, which usually holds 100, bowed under the weight of 150 people, the air sucked out of the room and a sigh of relief puffed out as the remaining 50+ ticket-less people were disappointingly turned away. Even health and safety has to be considered in the end. Sorry to all of those who didn't make it inside.

Stealing the show with an emotional goodbye set for vocalist, Toby, Meet Me In St Louis ripped through the best part of 50 minutes, with sing-alongs, crowd surfing, fists pumping and encores, it was the perfect way to mark the end of the bands first chapter, and the beginning of the next. Here are the final moments:




Thanks to Kirk Harrington for the photos.


In other news: I saw the "holidays are coming" Coca-Cola Christmas advert for the first time this weekend. It's official: the season is upon us... Sam Isaac is continuing to pick up lots of lovely radio plays and with some nice press set to run shortly, it's a good looking end of the year for the up and coming singer-songwriter... House of Brothers EP is amazing. Believe... The wardrobe holding the BSM CD stock cracked under the weight a couple of days ago. I now have 40-something boxes of CDs sitting at an angle, looking right at me threatening to tip over. I feel as though I'm locked in a battle of wits with a bunch of plastic cases, yet worse than that is the fact that they're going to beat me. I'm going to cave in and fix the situation soon, surely... Series 2 of Heroes is starting to really hot up, although the current TV strike action in the US is worrying my planned viewing... I've won 4 out of 5 football bets so far this week, and on a related note, 4 or 5 Magicians (whose single is out now on Alcopop) were demo of the week on Steve Lamacq's Radio One session last week.

That's it for now. I'll post more guff before the weeks end

1 comment:

The Constant Skeptic said...

great post and pictures thanks