Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Last night I missed all the fireworks

Saturday night I saw a wonderful thing. The Fall of Troy, Daughters and Secondsmile had been together for the past three days, performing, drinking and partying, reaching that point of the tour where they've now bonded sufficiently enough for their talents to unite and vent themselves in the one thing which brought them all together in the first place: music. The upstairs backstage area of the new Zodiac (much the same as the upstairs of the old Zodiac, for anyone who's interested) was the location as, aided by the Mac's Garageband program, the three bands sat down, many cans of beer in hands, and put their creativity to good use. American's saying "I whacked my balls on the stove" in cliched English accents, Snoop Dogg impressions, hand claps and ambient electronica music fused together, the track is to be completed this week and I hope to post it online as a world exclusive in the not too distant future. Come back soon.

In other news: For the first time in 6 years I missed Truck festival. Well, that's not entirely accurate as the word "missed" suggests I attempted to go but due to unfortunate circumstances didn't make it, whereas a better explanation might be that me and my AAA pass were too busy getting drunk at the Zodiac to worry about camping in an Oxfordshire countryside field at the end of September. My rock n roll cold-hating body can only cope with so much.

Also: I made my first ever trip to an Ikea store yesterday. I still don't know what I made of it.

And finally: Meet Me In St Louis' album is out now. I'm so glad to finally see it out there in the real world, having been sat on it (literally, at times) since March. It's an astonishing piece of work, even if I do say so myself. Here's a video:

No comments: